CHONGQING, China, Aug. 25, 2018 / PRNewswire / – From the artificial larynx that helps deaf or hard of hearing people to “talk” to electronic skin that can feel the heat, cold and pain – at the first Smart China Expo ( SCE 2018), which opened this week in the Chinese-Chinese city of Chongqing, the presentation of 10 technological developments was held.
These products, referred to the category of developments that are called “steep” or “black” technologies in the Celestial Empire, including unmanned vehicles on innovative energy sources (NEV) and nanorobots of medical purpose, stand out against the background of other exhibits as an embodiment of human progress.
The ten futuristic products presented at the presentation titled “Unthinkable Technologies: An Unimaginable Future” were selected from 1,082 “candidates” following three rounds of evaluation by experts from various fields, including educational institutions, large corporations and venture capital firms. The recently published newsletter gives SCE guests the opportunity to assess how, in the near future, modern technologies will change our lives.
Among the revolutionary technologies presented during the event were:
- Artificial larynx from laser-induced graphene (LIG), developed by the specialists of Tsinghua University
- Extremely elastic electronic leather from the Beijing Institute of Nano-Energy and Nanosystems
- Unmanned NEV-car L4 from the company Changan Automobile
- Medical nanorobots from the Harbin Polytechnic Institute and the University of California at San Diego
- Nanoprosthesis, controlled by the power of thought, created by the Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology
- Soluble electronic components from specialists of Zhejiang University
- Innovative medical AI-AIMIS from Tencent
- Mobile translator iFLYTEK 2.0 from iFLYTEK company
- The system of identity re-identification (REID) from CloudWalk Technology
- Industrial “brain” ET from Alibaba Cloud.
Some of these products are already on the market, while others are still at the design stage.
SCE has also become a venue for the International Grand Prix for Drony Racing (IDRGP) and the i-VISTA Autonomous Driving competition.
Accompanying events in SCE demonstrate Chongqing’s desire to become a Chinese pioneer in the field of Big Data Intelligence, as well as the city’s desire to attract
Sourced from TASS.ru