MOSCOW, November 7. /TASS/. Russian billionaire and owner of the AS Monaco Football Club Dmitry Rybolovlev, who has been detained as part of a corruption-related case, may be released this Thursday, a source close to the businessman said.

Rybolovlev may be released within 24 hours as the timeframe under the garde a vue procedure expires tomorrow morning. The first 24 hours expire today and the court investigator in Monaco will make a decision on the extension,” the source said. 

On Tuesday, France’s Le Monde said citing its sources that Ryboloblev had been detained in Monaco to be questioned on a corruption-related case several hours before AS Monaco’s UEFA Champions League match vs Belgium’s Brugge in Monaco.

According to the newspaper, Rybolovlev was detained on Tuesday morning. His apartment at the Belle Epoque luxury building in Monaco was searched. By Tuesday evening, the man was still in custody, along with a number of other suspects.

Le Monde says Rybolovlev’s detention was sanctioned by the court of Monaco as part of a probe into the corruption case that was initiated a year ago. The Russian billionaire is suspected of involvement in corruption and “trading in active and passive influence.”

Rybolovlev, 51, is ranked 18th in the Forbes list of the “200 richest businessmen in Russia in 2018.”

In other media

Read the original article in full at TASS

Article Sourced via TASS

mm

Russian News Agency, founded in 1902. TASS is the leading Russian state information agency, a legend of national news journalism. With us news becomes stories and events become history.
Follow Me:

Related Posts