Russian consulate in Marseille says no info about billionaire Rybolovlev’s detention

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest

Dmitry Rybolovlev

Dmitry Rybolovlev


© EPA/SEBASTIEN NOGIER

PARIS, November 6. /TASS/. Russia’s consulate general in France’s Marseille has said it has no information about the detention of Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev in Monaco.

“So far, we have no such information,” Consul General Sergei Molchanov told TASS on Tuesday.

Earlier in the day, France’s Le Monde said citing its sources that Russian billionaire and owner of the AS Monaco Football Club Dmitry Ryboloblev had been detained in Monaco to be questioned on a corruption-related case.

According to the newspaper, Rybolovlev was detained on Tuesday morning. His apartment at the Belle Epoque luxury building in Monaco was searched. By Tuesday evening, the man was still in custody, along with a number of other suspects.

Le Monde says Rybolovlev’s detention was sanctioned by the court of Monaco as part of a probe into the corruption case that was initiated a year ago. The Russian billionaire is suspected of involvement in corruption and “trading in active and passive influence.”

Rybolovlev was detained several hours before AS Monaco’s UEFA Champions League match vs Belgium’s Brugge in Monaco.

Read the original article in full at TASS

Article Sourced via TASS

Like this article?

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest

Leave a comment