SOCHI, August 22. /TASS/. Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov has declined to comment on US media rumors a Russian nuclear-powered missile fell into the Barents sea last year.
“In contrast to the US television network I have no such information. I advise you to contact our specialists concerned at the Defense Ministry,” Peskov said.
Earlier, the CNBC network said the US intelligence suspected that a Russian nuclear-powered missile fell into the Barents sea during a test flight in November 2017 and that Russia was planning an operation to recover it.
The CNBC said it was citing some report by US intelligence services. Allegedly three Russian ships will be involved in the operation to recover the missile. No date when the operation might begin was mentioned.
Article Sourced via TASS